Telnet/FTP

JanneTVIP

Telnet/FTP

Post by JanneTVIP » 08 Sep 2017, 23:21

Hi, what is the username and password to login to a S-Box 412? What is the password for root.

Yes I have a Linux version.

Can I activate FTP easy, I want to get the recorded file by FTP or mount disk to/from my Linux laptop.

Please help me out.

TMC
Администратор

Re: Telnet/FTP

Post by TMC » 09 Sep 2017, 12:53

We do not provide password for console.
It is not clear, why do you need FTP or mount.

JanneTVIP

Post by JanneTVIP » 09 Sep 2017, 14:20

To share a disc between the box and my Linux laptop, any other option? Today I connect a hard disc to the box USB and if I want to play them at the laptom I need to connect the hard disc to the lap top and also the other way around.

Did you got it?

TMC
Администратор

Post by TMC » 10 Sep 2017, 11:35

You just need to connect your disk to the laptop, then share folder over SMB or NFS and attach it with Mediaplayer app on TVIP box.

TMC
Администратор

Post by TMC » 10 Sep 2017, 11:35

You just need to connect your disk to the laptop, then share folder over SMB or NFS and attach it with Mediaplayer app on TVIP box.

JanneTVIP

Post by JanneTVIP » 10 Sep 2017, 14:06

Thnaks, how do I attach the disc to the Mediaplayer app on TVIP box, I not see any settings or will it found itself by clicking LAN in the browser mode?

TMC
Администратор

Post by TMC » 10 Sep 2017, 16:50

It depends on middleware used.

JanneTVIP

Post by JanneTVIP » 10 Sep 2017, 21:46

What middleware, I should only share my disc over SMB of NFS and in the Mediaplayr App I only get a prowser with UpnP, LAn, Favorites and the disc I have connected to the box. I not understand. Any documentation of the box more then the one follow the box?

So if I connect my disc to my Linux Laptop, share a specific folder, what next, both on same network (LAN) of course.

JanneTVIP

Post by JanneTVIP » 12 Sep 2017, 22:53

Hi again,

I have test the NFS by sharing the a folder on my laptop. I can then mount that share to any other client in my network, but I can’t mount it on the S-Box because I not have the telnet user/pw and it is not automatic mounted.

I then test SMB that share can be visible in the Medicenter under LAN/Workgroup/host name/share, from where I can play movies I have shared.

But I can’t use that share for recording, not in the options, only internal or USB connected HDD.

I not use any 3rd part sw only the latest version from you.

I really need to have the user/pw or a full description or want the box are expected the share name to be called and how to select a share for recording, time shifting etc.

It is like has bought a car and not get the keys nor the user guide. Doesn’t matter what specification the car has if you can’t use it.

Please provide the user/pw or a full detailed description. You can share the user/pw as a private message or in an email (you have me email address) if you not want to share it public for any reason!

TMC
Администратор

Post by TMC » 15 Sep 2017, 04:43

I suppose, you are not using TVIP user interface(looks like this https://wiki.tvip.ru/en/tvip_screenshots )
But rather some 3rd party portal like Stalker.
Tvip's native interface can do both NFS and SMB with recording fine without Shell access.