TVIP with CEC enabled won't change the receivers volume

Sopor

TVIP with CEC enabled won't change the receivers volume

Post by Sopor » 28 Dec 2021, 02:32

When using CEC it is possible to use my TV remote to control my TVIP-box. I can also use my TV remote to change the volume on the receiver or i can use other remotes to control the sound on the receiver. That is the whole point of CEC that i can use any remote to control the devices.

TVIP-boxes do have volume buttons that will change the volume level on the box and when CEC and ARC is active the volume buttons on the TVIP remote should be able to change the volume on the receiver, but it doesn't. It will continue to change the internal TVIP volume.

I have tested several different models of the TVIP-boxes and none of them change the receiver volume when CEC is active and a receiver is connected to ARC.

I also have a Vero 4K+ running Kodi and without CEC the Vero remote will only change the internal volume in Kodi, but if i enable CEC/ARC the Vero remote will now change the volume on my receiver instead of the internal volume in Kodi. This behavior is exactly what the TVIP should do when CEC/ARC is enabled and working.

It must be possible for the developers to fix this, so it work as it was supposed to do. :)

ftor

Re: TVIP with CEC enabled won't change the receivers volume

Post by ftor » 28 Dec 2021, 14:14

You could manage your TVIP box from TV remote.

Sopor

Re: TVIP with CEC enabled won't change the receivers volume

Post by Sopor » 29 Dec 2021, 02:40

Yes, i know that, but CEC is suppose to work the other way too.