Problems with the box

fistro

Problems with the box

Post by fistro » 15 Oct 2021, 04:58

Hello there,

i am struggeling heavily with my new TVIP S-Box 6-05. My provider (DMTV) gives me a URL to a m3u list, which is quite large (about 60.000 entries). Thats it. I'm using the linux-qt (because android crashes). Software version is latest (5.0.36).

What works: i can watch the channels and i can step up/down the channel list. But THAT'S IT. There seems to be no function at all to handle/sort/filter this list.

* i can mark entries as a favourite (blue key), but it's useless. There is no filter to reduce the list to favourites. There is not even a function to sort by favourites. Having favourite channels is completely useless.
* i can enter channel numbers from 1 to 999 to jump. Every channel beyond 999 can only be reached by pressing up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up ... it will takes hours(!) to reach a channel.
* it seems, there is no possibility to install a better player app (or apps, at all) !?

Please, can anyone help me out of this big mess? Is there anoter/better software for the 6.05 ??

Thanks,
Michael

fistro

Re: Problems with the box

Post by fistro » 15 Oct 2021, 05:13

and one more:
* i can not put a password on adult channels

bibonorway

Post by bibonorway » 21 Oct 2021, 18:54

1:Why you get an m3u for linux-qt ?!!!!! m3u are for android and apps, NOT for linux.
And i dont understand how you can get it to work at all??!
You should ask your provider for an web portal adress instead, much more easy for make and sort favorite and anything else.

2: an long m3u string you can use an shortener for decrypt, search url shortener

fistro

Post by fistro » 03 Nov 2021, 19:16

well, meanwhile, i have changed to android OS and tivimate premium. Workes quite ok - until the OS update to 5.0.39 two days ago. now the display crashes every time i go standby. This can only be fixed by powering off the box :-(