TVIP 605 Basic android how-to, please?

brahms2

TVIP 605 Basic android how-to, please?

Post by brahms2 » 12 Jun 2021, 19:20

Hi,

TVIP 605. The firmware version is 5.0.30

Where can i find a step-by-step procedure for installing the correct Android / firmware versions, then installing or accessing an app store?
I try to install apks from USB but i always get 'cannot parse' errors. I'm using the armeabi-v7a versions is that correct?
I've enabled install from unknown sources and debug USB.

Firefox barely works when installed, with toolbars vanishing, and downloads from APKpure hang. Where is the download folder?

Youtube isn't installed, but Youtube for kids must be missing a video codec, as it shows previews but can't play vids. I can';t install vlclan for codecs because of the parse error.

Also, under 'updates' in 'settings' I now see only 'android beta' rather than 'android.' is that correct?

I have to say, the information available for retail buyers of the box is really bad. Shame, as the box itself looks good.

ftor

Re: TVIP 605 Basic android how-to, please?

Post by ftor » 15 Jun 2021, 10:38

For update your box follow this guide,
https://wiki.tvip.ru/en/how_to_update/ota

Unfortunately, I don't know about how the third party apk works. The apk should support support android TV and armeabi-v7 platform.

brahms2

Post by brahms2 » 15 Jun 2021, 19:25

Thanks for your help.

Why do i need to update 5.0.30?

What do i need to do to get android video (even youtube) to work on this box? I presume I need to install an apk. Frome where? How?

I've never seen so little information available for a box sold retail.

ftor

Post by ftor » 16 Jun 2021, 11:33

Hello,

GMS not supported, you could install apps from aptoide market
About YouTube if your seller didn't hide this app it should be in your box

brahms2

Post by brahms2 » 16 Jun 2021, 14:12

What is GMS?
Apps will not install - as I said above: I try to install apks from USB but i always get 'cannot parse' errors. I've enabled install from unknown sources and debug USB.
Youtube app is only present under Linux. As I said, Youtube kids is installed but seems to find no video codec. That is why i am trying to install apks.
Also, please say why i need to update the firmware if 5.0.30 is already installed.