605 Bugging Back To Wired from Wi-Fi

R3dn0ze

605 Bugging Back To Wired from Wi-Fi

Post by R3dn0ze » 14 Apr 2021, 12:04

I’m a hardware dealer and i’ve seen this bug many times. Sometimes the 605 (latest firmware does it as well), will show as connected to wifi but every time you go out of network settings and go back in, it would show as wired (ethernet). It does not save even if you apply. Tested without a physical cable plugged in as well. Factory Reset fixes this issue but i have some clients abroad that is obviously hard to explain to some.

Unsure about other wifi models but 605 for sure. This does not always happen, hard to re-create on purpose. Tried on multiple routers as well, same issue.

MisterQ

Re: 605 Bugging Back To Wired from Wi-Fi

Post by MisterQ » 22 Apr 2021, 11:10

Some of my clients had the same problem, but in all of these cases it's not a bug in software/firmware. They simply didn't change to wifi in the correct way. If status is set to On in both Ethernet (eth0) and Wireless (wlan0), the box will change back to ethernet, since that is default.
I told my clients to change to status Off on Ethernet (eth0) and then press/click on Apply. After this none of my clients have problems with this anymore. Maybe you did the same mistake?