Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Etihad
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Nov 2020, 22:54

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by Etihad » 30 Nov 2020, 23:01

My TVIP 605 startee updating itselfs yesterday. Now my channels buffer very very much And much lagging on channels after the box was updated. Im not happy with this update and please tell Us how to downgrade to a working firmware.

And for the records this has nothing to do with the IPTV provider cause its work fine on samsung tv and mag 322 box.

Why make a new firmware without any improvement at all. No changelog , nothing nada info.

ftor
Posts: 407
Joined: 12 May 2020, 09:22

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by ftor » 01 Dec 2020, 10:25

Sopor wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 18:25
ftor wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 17:09
Try to make it Settings-->Display-->HDMI auto frame rate : off
I don't see this as a fix to set "HDMI auto frame rate" to off. This is more as a work-a-round. I also got issues with this update and i was forced to change HD format from 2160p to Auto. So this is again another work-a-round. You need to make proper fixes instead of letting the user change settings to fix things you have broke.

I don't understand why i suddenly need to change these settings when they have worked in the previous firmware. It is obvious that something is not working as it should in firmware 5.0.16.
I haven;t wrote that it's the fix

ftor
Posts: 407
Joined: 12 May 2020, 09:22

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by ftor » 01 Dec 2020, 10:28

Etihad wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 23:01
My TVIP 605 startee updating itselfs yesterday. Now my channels buffer very very much And much lagging on channels after the box was updated. Im not happy with this update and please tell Us how to downgrade to a working firmware.

And for the records this has nothing to do with the IPTV provider cause its work fine on samsung tv and mag 322 box.

Why make a new firmware without any improvement at all. No changelog , nothing nada info.
From your messages unclear that version do you installed now

hryder
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Dec 2019, 04:35

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by hryder » 02 Dec 2020, 19:27

Having issues with android software version 4.4.1 from 20.05.2020, after some digging I found that "IPTV" version was not designed for android 8 but packaging with android 8 APPEARS to be causing WIFI and other issues.

hryder
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Dec 2019, 04:35

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by hryder » 02 Dec 2020, 19:29

TVIP box makers SHOULD provide a TESTED and LATEST firmware and in the meantime provide last STABLE firmware to revert back to.

ftor
Posts: 407
Joined: 12 May 2020, 09:22

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by ftor » 03 Dec 2020, 14:57

hryder wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 19:27
Having issues with android software version 4.4.1 from 20.05.2020, after some digging I found that "IPTV" version was not designed for android 8 but packaging with android 8 APPEARS to be causing WIFI and other issues.
What did you mean about that "IPTV" version was not designed for android 8
I have nVidia Shield and tv Sony with android 8 and it works fine

ftor
Posts: 407
Joined: 12 May 2020, 09:22

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by ftor » 03 Dec 2020, 15:00

hryder wrote:
02 Dec 2020, 19:29
TVIP box makers SHOULD provide a TESTED and LATEST firmware and in the meantime provide last STABLE firmware to revert back to.
All firmware was tested before release.

hryder
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Dec 2019, 04:35

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by hryder » 03 Dec 2020, 17:18

Owners of the boxes are experiencing SERIOUS performance issues. Addressing the communicated issues would be a SHOW of better customer service.
Nothing personal

ftor
Posts: 407
Joined: 12 May 2020, 09:22

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by ftor » 04 Dec 2020, 10:53

hryder wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 17:18
Owners of the boxes are experiencing SERIOUS performance issues. Addressing the communicated issues would be a SHOW of better customer service.
Nothing personal
You have wrote in topic which was created another person but not describe your issue, only common description.
I can't help you
Nothing personal

Etihad
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Nov 2020, 22:54

Re: Can I downgrade my firmware? Having issues with Upgrade

Post by Etihad » 06 Dec 2020, 16:37

ftor wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 10:28
Etihad wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 23:01
My TVIP 605 startee updating itselfs yesterday. Now my channels buffer very very much And much lagging on channels after the box was updated. Im not happy with this update and please tell Us how to downgrade to a working firmware.

And for the records this has nothing to do with the IPTV provider cause its work fine on samsung tv and mag 322 box.

Why make a new firmware without any improvement at all. No changelog , nothing nada info.
From your messages unclear that version do you installed now
Im on version 5.0.16 from 18.11.2020

Possible to downgrade ??

Post Reply