Wifi and Bluetooth problems

#LOUDmouth#

Wifi and Bluetooth problems

Post by #LOUDmouth# » 19 Jun 2019, 00:55

I received my box a couple of days ago. I set it up and everything was working fine except for the bluetooth remote. It wouldnt connect via BT no matter what i tried. At one point it seemed like it was connected via BT, the red led only flashing once when i pressed the buttons on the remote. The remote was still really sensitive and i had to aim towards the box for it to work.

I used the box for just a couple of hours before falling to sleep. When i woke up 8h later the box had freezed and didnt react at all. Had to cut the power and restart it. And after the restart it complains that my network connection is bad or the portal is bad. Had to do a factory reset and try to set it up again. But this time it cant find any wireless networks at all even though all my other equipment finds at least 4 or 5 networks including my own network that i used when i first set the box up.

Also, the box is scorching hot to the touch. Am i right in assuming that the box is equipped with a combined BT and WIFI module that has failed?

#LOUDmouth#

Re: Wifi and Bluetooth problems

Post by #LOUDmouth# » 19 Jun 2019, 01:07

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is a 605 box.

TMC
Администратор

Post by TMC » 19 Jun 2019, 09:22

I suppose you have two not related issues (BT remote and portal).
Maybe you just have a box with defective wireless chip or bad antenna.

Qnyx

Post by Qnyx » 20 Jun 2019, 14:28

You can check if you actually have a BT remote by looking at it at the bottom where it says TVIP - if in the lower right corner there is "BT" you have the correct one. If not - you have only an IR remote - I had a similar problem with two separate resellers which were shipping boxes that were supposed to be with a BT remote (605 has it as standard equipment) but they were "regular" remotes.

#LOUDmouth#

Post by #LOUDmouth# » 24 Jun 2019, 15:20

Qnyx wrote:You can check if you actually have a BT remote by looking at it at the bottom where it says TVIP - if in the lower right corner there is "BT" you have the correct one. If not - you have only an IR remote - I had a similar problem with two separate resellers which were shipping boxes that were supposed to be with a BT remote (605 has it as standard equipment) but they were "regular" remotes.
Interesting, i'll have to look at the remote when i get home from work. But i actually just checked the reseller website and their web page actually doesnt mention anything about bluetooth in the specifications. Might be that they are trying to pull a fast one OR it might not be a genuine TVIP box at all, perhaps counterfeit?

But the box cant seem to find any wifi's so its going back to the reseller anyway ..... Is the box equipped with a combined wifi/BT module as in some laptops?

Qnyx

Post by Qnyx » 24 Jun 2019, 16:03

No idea to be honest about the module.

I wouldn't have noticed it until a friend of mine told me that the remote is bluetooth and as soon as I checked I saw it's a "regular" remote. I contacted the first reseller - they told me that they don't have a bluetooth remote available, which raised another red flag since ALL 605 boxes must come with a bluetooth remote as standard - not to mention that box was clearly a used/returned one since the batteries in there were wet/leaking. I sent it back, ordered from another one and initially they sent me a regular remote, but after a while they sent me the bluetooth one free of charge.